Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 is a real time communication server developed by Microsoft which establishes a communication medium for different users. This tool provides infrastructure for instant messaging, file sharing, video and audio communications. Communicator is integrated with other MS office programs so that the users can simultaneously work with both which are very essential in business purposes. It also includes Microsoft office help chat section which provides assistance for all your concerns. Your PC must be equipped with devices such as a webcam and microphone to use the Communicator properly!
- Adding a contact is fairly easy. To search for a particular contact you must require either the
person’s email id or display name. Communicator will pull your contact from the Active Directory. Now you just need to drag your contact from the Search Results to the Contact list and your new contact will be added.
- To send and receive instant messages, choose the contact and double click on it. A new exclusive window will pop up and you can type in your message and hit enter to send it. To send a message to multiple contacts, click on each contacts while holding Ctrl button. Right click and then select Send an Instant Message.
- To set-up Video and Audio calls, you need to set up the Audio and Video Wizard. To do this, click on the Menu button and then navigate to Tools and then select Set Up Audio and Video. Now the software will automatically detect and enable the devices connected to your PC.
- To make an audio call you need to press the Call button beside the contact name. Voice call will be established once the receiver at the other end picks the call. To make a conference call, you will have to select the persons taking part by click on each contact while holding down Ctrl. Now right click and select Start a Conference Call. Now a new window will pop up which includes the contacts taking part and their current status.
- To make a video call, right click on the particular contact and select Start a video call. Video call will be established once the receiver at the other end picks the call. You can also redirect the call by using Redirect button.
The Microsoft office help chat section within the software can be useful to clarify all your further concerns and issues. Thank you for visiting and have a good day!