Halo 2 is a shooting game with players predominantly experiencing game play from a first person perspective. In this exciting game, players use a combination of human and alien weapons to progress through the different levels.
Halo 2 Vista has been reworked for PCs with high resolution textures. The minimum requirement to run Halo2 in Windows Vista is a Windows Experience Index of 3.0, but recommended requirement is WEI of 5.0. Users with a rating of less than 3.0 can play the game by reducing the graphics quality. The performance and appearance of the game is changed according to the level of details whether low, medium or high. The main requirement specifications for Halo2 includes Windows Vista / 7 operating system, 2GHz P4 processor or above, minimum of 1GB of RAM, 7GB of hard disk space and a 6100 / ATI x 700 video card.
You can follow the below steps to start the Performance Information and tools utility in Windows Vista.
• Click Start, then type Performance Information and tools in the search box, and press Enter.
• In the program list, click the Performance and information and Tools to view the Windows experience Index score.
For getting more information about the Windows experience Index,
• Click Start and click on Help and Support
• Type Windows experience in the search box and press Enter
• View the Windows experience Index.
Troubleshooting Halo 2 installation
Halo 2 is the second game in the Halo series which is compatible with Windows Vista. You may encounter some issues with installing Halo 2. According to Microsoft support team there are some tips to troubleshoot the problem.
• Halo 2 may already be installed in your computer, completely or partially. If so, first you must uninstall and remove all the files associated with it and then try installing again.
• If you are still encountering the same problem you can contact the Microsoft support team. You can contact a professional through Microsoft halo solution center via telephone or e mail.
The game can be installed in your computer only if your system meets the minimum requirements. The game requires Windows vista or 7. If the operating system requirement is not satisfied, you will get an error message “The process entry point CreateProcessWithTokenW could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll”
Hope the article helps you to solve the problem installing Halo2. Enjoy.