Microsoft messenger is a program that comes along with every version of the Windows OS. It is basically a chat program that helps you communicate with people in your contact list. This program is widely used by Windows OS users and is suitable for all class of people and can be used for business purposes, like conducting group meetings as well as for personal use too. You can integrate this program with other Windows applications such as Outlook Express, thereby exploring more features of this application.
However, there might be cases where in you would want to remove this program from your system. Using a Microsoft tech support phone number, you can contact a certified professional who will guide you through the procedure to remove this from your system. However, in case you don’t possess the number, follow the steps given below to carry out this task.
Uninstalling windows Messenger
- Access the control panel of your system from the “Start” menu. Once you have launched the control panel, choose the “Add or remove programs” option to uninstall the desired program, which in this case is the Windows Messenger.
- Make sure that Windows messenger is listed in the list of programs installed in your system. Once you find the messenger in the list, click on the messenger icon.
- Choose the “Add/remove” tab corresponding to the icon. The Windows installer will ask you to confirm the uninstalling process. Click “Ok” to begin un-installation.
- The process will be completed in a few minutes. In case you do not find the Messenger in the program list, it means that it is kept as hidden.
- To list the program, go back to the “Start” menu and click on the “Run” option. Type in the following message in the text field provided in the dialog box,” C:\WINDOWS\INF\SYSOC.INF”. When you click “Ok” after this step, a notepad file will be opened with a script in it.
- Search for the piece of code that reads “msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7”. You will have to remove the word ‘hide’ from the code to unhide the Windows Messenger in the program list.
- Click on the “File” option in notepad and choose “save”. The Windows Messenger would no longer be hidden and you can follow the regular process of uninstalling using the “Add/ Remove programs” from the control panel to uninstall Windows messenger.
In case, you aren’t well versed with such processes it would be ideal to use the Microsoft tech support phone number for guidelines to uninstall any kind of program in your computer so as to avoid any complexities.