Office and work environments need special types of instant messaging programs that are suitable for catering to the unique needs of such environments. The Microsoft Office Communicator is one such program and it is designed in such a way as to improve the productivity of the work place. Follow these instructions from the Microsoft Office help chat support team in order to disable the Microsoft Office Communicator.
Instructions to disable MS Office Communicator
- First of all, log on to the Download Center of Microsoft and then download the update for Office Communicator 2007, which is dated 24, 2008. Wait for a while for the download to get completed and after it has been completed, open the downloaded file and then install it on your computer by following the on screen instructions.
- Click on the “Start” button located on the lower left corner of your Windows desktop screen and then choose the “Run” option from the Start Menu. Type “regedit” into the Run dialog box and then click on the “Ok” button if the computer that you are using is running the Windows XP operating system. If you are using a computer that is running on the Windows Vista operating
system or the Windows 7 operating system, click on the “Start” which is in the shape of an orb. Click on the “Start Search” field that is located on the bottom of the Start Menu. Type “regedit” into this search field and then hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
- Locate the following registry subkey, “HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator” and then click on it.
- Select the “Edit” option to reveal a drop down menu and then place the pointer of your mouse over the “New” option. Click on the “DWORD Value” option.
- Enter “DisableIM” and then right click on it. Choose the “Modify” option displayed on the screen of your computer.
- Place the pointer of your mouse inside the Value data box, type 1 and then click on the “Ok” button.
- Without altering any other settings, close the Registry Editor.
These are the instructions, recommended by the Microsoft Office help chat support team, that you have to follow if you want to disable the Microsoft Office Communicator on your computer. These guidelines are quite easy to follow and you will be able to finish off the procedure within a matter of minutes.